For a couple of months now we have been serving the examinees of Higher Secondary with important questions on a number of topics for their upcoming exams. In doing so, we have been facing several queries from the our readers as well. The positive feedbacks from our readers inspire us to do more for the examinees for their betterment. In this post we have tried to provide the reader learners with some descriptive type questions on the drama “The Proposal” by Anton Chekhov important for their upcoming examination.
The instructions suggested hereunder may help you perform better in your upcoming Higher Secondary Examination 2018.
Complete and thorough study of the drama “The Proposal” by Anton Chekhov from the textbook is recommended (Class XII /2nd language). Learners need to keep in mind that the texts of the following lessons should be read thoroughly for better performance in MCQ, SAQs. This would save their valuable allotted time in the examination hall.
The Proposal by Anton Chekhov
- Aptness of the title of the play “The Proposal”.
- What is the proposal about? Is it important to all the characters? If it is, give reasons in support of your answer.
- Analyse the character of Chubukov.
- Analyse the character of Lomov as depicted in the play. (Higher Secondary – 2018)
- What made Lomov think of getting married? Why does he choose Natalya to marry? OR Why does Lomov think Natalya will make an acceptable wife?
- Comment on the theme of the play “The Proposal”.
- Who does the “meadows” belong to? What caused the argument over the meadows? (Higher Secondary – 2018 – relevant)
- “I’ll shoot myself! I’ll hang myself!” Who is referred to here as “I”? Why does he think of committing suicide?
- “Oh, what a burden, to be the father of a grown-up daughter!” Who is the speaker here? Why is a daughter considered to be a burden to a father? OR Sketch in brief the contemporary social life as depicted in the play “The Proposal”. (Higher Secondary – 2018)
- “I’m dying!” Who is referred to here as “I” in the quoted line? What causes the speaker say so?
All the questions set above are mere assumptions. Learners are suggested to study as thoroughly as they can to avoid any controversy regarding the relevance of the questions mentioned. This suggestion is constructed only with a view to assist the students to perform better in their upcoming Examinations and does not produce any claim to be set in the Higher Secondary question paper (Eng. 2nd Language) 2018 in any way.
Please don’t hesitate to ask any question to let us know more about your requirements. We are always there to assist you to make you perform better.